Monday, December 27, 2004

post holiday blues......

We’re getting to the last week of the hols le…. Part of me looking fwd to the reopening of school siahz…. Coz I feel tat I’ll be freer for my own activities during the sch semester than in the hols…. Can u believe tat? (but I really cant say for sure….)

Things I’ve set to do during the (passing) Dec break:
1. mountain biking at BT/ Ubin/ T15 etc
2. round island cycling
3. trekking in Kerinci/ Agung/ Tapis & Datuk
4. swim every weekend
5. lab, or work at my uncle’s stall in Admiralty Place Foodcourt.

Things I’ve done in the passed Dec break:
1. 1 x rode in T15 (in an odac event, supposedly helping out, but I think we posed more of a nuisance than help… haha…) and half a round in BT.
2. 1 x trekked in G.Lembak in Kluag (juz a 3-hour trek!! Initially planned for a 2-3 day trek in a 5 days trip to Indonesia!!)
3. 1 x swam in serangoon swimming complex
4. lab everyday!! Stayed the latest till 430am…. Tonight might haf to stay till very very very late too… need to perform a step on protocol every 3 hours for next 12 hours, and subsequently take samples over a period of 24 hours…blah blah blah…
5. 2 x worked in my uncle’s stall, earning abt 100 bucks….
6. >5 x shopped for xmas and gf’s bdae presents
7. 1 x picnic in east coast park
8. 2 x steamboat (one with grill plates (alwyn’s appliance, haha…dunno wad is tat “boat” called), sop’s treat coz of her 21st bdae; and one normal one at lynettes’ bdae gathering)
9. 2 x attending wakes (parents of my friends’ passed away)
10. 1 x playing Santa with my Santa Monica delivering presents till 2am plus….

Last nite I’ve been thinking abt the things I’ve done in the past 1 mth, and I feel slightly depressed and down. I feel that i shld haf done more things I’ve set up to do and not juz laze ard when I got time….

Now I suppose yanbin was rite. She said that although the things I’ve set to do, not many haf been completed or even attempted, I’ve completed other things which I’ve not even plan to do… so I shldn’t be depressed or upset abt it too…. She said once Gery (Geridine) felt the same way too, abt her life (or was it a certain period of time). And it’s only when she penned down everything tat she did on black and white then she realized she’d actually not wasted her time away…

Maybe it’s the things I’ve set r too idealistic... realized tat the stuffs first list almost all r physical activities… however I did replaced some of them with meaningful things like spending quality time with frens (steamboats), my love one (picnic and shopping), family (supper w cousin and bro (and my santa monica) at bedok and then beo-ing Ah Guas at change v)… made some ppl happy by delivering presents to their doorsteps…

So…. Bottomline, it’s not so bad after all.

No comments: