Wednesday, June 17, 2009

occasional inspiration

borrowed this book from the library "Creative Nature and Outdoor Photography".. Author's Brenda Tharp, quite a famous photographer who won awards and published in some lots well-known magazines...

from one of her interviews:
"If you're standing on the sidelines, your pictures are going to look like you stood on the sidelines. If you're walking amongst those stalls in the fish market, you're smelling the fish, and you're getting the close-up views of all these different fish, then I'm going to feel that when I look at your picture -- like I was there."



came across "Afghan Girl" in one of my reads recently (actually i cant remember from where and when did i read this), but i chanced upon it again while doing one of my surf on a local photography forum.. googled it, it brought me to this guy called Steve McCurry.. and Afghan Girl being his most famous picture he took back in 1980's and published on the Nat Geo in 1985... i went thru some of his galleries.... it really made me wonder if i could do this.. travel the world, not as a tourist, but as a photojournalist (i need to really really buck up on my writing and expression if so!).. seriously being with a family, probably it's a bit difficult, but not absolutely impossible... IF, i can let go of the stability of my home, finance (?), comfort.... AND IF they can come along with me...



anyway... just inspiring.... *daydreams..*

No comments: