Saturday, October 30, 2010

Annapurna Base Camp trek

7 days in Nepal, 5 days in the trek.. At points along the trek I really feel like giving up.. I guess mayb because our 'ultimate' objective: Annapurna Base Camp, was attained on the 5th morning, of 10 days into the trek.. And a big part was from my intolerance of the cold and thin air.. And also possibly that this portion of the trek is basically a retracing of our steps to our lodge at day 2. The 'mountain sickness' wasn't as bad as the 2 times I was at Mt K. But this trek is definitely longer, comparable to G.Tahan?

We were talking abt all the things we missed from home today! KFC, butter crab, prawn paste chicken.. Quite sick of the menu from at lodges. Let's hope the scenery for the next few days can keep us going!!


Machhapuchhre, taken from Annapurna Base Camp

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comment:

Annapurna Base Camp Trek said...

Annapurna- probably worlds best hiking destination