Tuesday, July 11, 2006

sunken hearted

a fellow colleague is leaving the company for a career in a related, but separated field... in London... today is his last day... he was my primary day-to-day sup for my final year project and has been very very accomodating and encouraging... i truely owes him a lot...

news abt him leaving the co. got to my ears a couple of months back.... i din feel anything sad as i know for sure that it's wad he always wanted: to work in clinical studies in drug development... i was feeling indifferent.. till today... after we presented him with all the gifts we've prepared... i only got to know him early december last yr.. and he was the one who showed me most of the ropes... he brought me to the animal facilities, attempted to teach me how to do sectioning, gave me readups for immunostaining and answered my "undergraduand questions"....

thanks mike~

1 comment:

Ping said...

Chiu, sometimes it doesn take the last moments to hit you that the person is leaving hor? I only started feeling quite down the past week.
eh, it's time to change your 'a regular student... motto'! You are not a student anymore leh, you've stepped into the working world!