Thursday, February 09, 2006

a journey of a thousand miles

did a 3D2N camp with manjusri sec 3 students over the last 3 days... it was great... did a lot of self discovery for myself....

1 of my weaknesses, especially in such camps, is to handle groups on my own.. coz im not complete..hehe... cheem eh.... no lah wad i meant was i usually need someone to complement me. i know my strength in facilitating activities like climbing, belaying, kayak so on and so forth... however i suck at hyping up groups... im not one of those who can hype up the spirit of a group of trainees kind... however, i think i can do better next time... althou i feel bad that im unable to make the camp a better one for this group of mine (hope that they'll be able to contact me), i'll do so with the next one i'll be handling next time round...

but lucky for me i've got quite a great group of students with me, most of them are very mentally prepared for such camps so there isn't much complains abt anything. they're very self-initiative too... thou it's a camp of only 3 days (actually strictly only 2), i got this gift of able to see ppl.... (haa!! nah.. juz some small observations only)... there're ppl with ideas, creativity, knowledge, enthusiasm, leadership (only a couple of them).... but one thing that's lacking in most is the ability to stand out to lead, to share, to dictate... it's nothin difficult actually... juz need that very 1st step... and the rest will follow thru... with all the good qualities i see in them...

it's like wad we always hear... a journey of a thousand miles begins with the very 1st step... if u r unable to make that 1st step, u'll always be where u r... the same goes for myself...

No comments: