Monday, February 20, 2006

SACPS, T15 and K750i

been a bz... or rather, a fulfilling week... spent mon to wed on this course in animal handling where we learnt how to handle small lab animals, and perform some common procedures on them... things like injections.. blood sampling... and of course... euthanasia... and no worries.. all done fast and humanely... might think it's cruel... but that's precisely why we need to learn and practise ya...? Refinement....

and now im certified!! woohoo~~ *updates resume*

from thurs till sat i went for a p5 camp as camp instructor again... with whiz.. a last min job coz someone pulled out at the 11th hour.... hehe... i think this is my best of the 3 camps i went so far... at least i feel that im progressing.... but of course i also know that partly it's coz the (campers) girls were responding well.... they cheered, sang, responds to our calls... they din show much attitude like those from sec sch... oh and they were so cute! hah!! bed time they were all slping in the main hall so we haf a cluster of 300 p5 girls all had they slping bags covering the whole of the hall.... they were in their home PJs too... and with their hug toys!! haa....got heart-shaped pillows... cow cushions... some were in over-sized one-piece pj that goes all the way down to their ankles.... haha.... anyway, come back to it.... i think im progressing la.... hahaa....

nothin went on much on sat... im juz staying indoors to take some rest... tired.... and taking some rest preparing for next day's trail ride!! yea~

met up with chel early in the morning juz after daybreak for a slow ride to meet dw... it's been quite some time since i went for trail rides le.... the trail (t15) was wet... from previous days rain so it was quite slippery... actually i dun fancy a challenging trail tat much.... come to think of it...i'll prefer a laid-back ride in malaysia... juz crusing along some grassland... with the sun setting in the horizon and breeze on my face.....waahh.....
actualli that was the scene when i was cycling in desaru last yr....one of my most enjoyed ride....
anyway sunday's ride ended with my bike wash as usual after some offroad riding.... haben been cucling offroad for some time so it kinda slipped my mind for bike maintenence.... and i found rust on my chain!! and no wonder there's been some grinding noise coming from the drivetrain... it's bone-dry.... damn.

considering to get a phone soon, nope, i'll get a phone soon... moto L7 has been on my mind for quite some time now... shld i juz go for it? the features it has r rather basic...not really basic actually... vga cam (pic and vid)... mp3 player...erm.. wad else...no radio...
how ah how ah.... urgh....
yb juz bought K750i yesterday... mp3 player, 1.3M pix cam, with light/flash, radio...









this??
















or this???

5 comments:

blanketz said...

oei...aiya...surprised I am leaving a note right? Now 1 am and I badly need someone to complain to. hahaha....then I thought of you. Yup, it's about FOOT.

I feel like I am a different Sophia in front of this FOOT comm. I mean, I think I am trying very hard to be less senior (like stop talking about the "good old days")and really try to accept the year generation's ideas.

Somehow, this foot thought me one thing that I have taken for granted during those good old days. THat's the bonds we all have for each other. Everyone nowadays seems to be trying so hard to induce the kind of bonds we seniors have. Frankly, I was wondering, how did we have it so easily?

Then this issue of canvassing made the foot meeting really tense just now. For me, I am for canvassing only if I can raise 2 to 3k. I mean, it will be a very good investment into our programmes mah. But Kelvin yeo only allows 1 canvassing session. And it will only raise 500 to 700. For me, I was wondering what's the point then? Apparently,I am the only one who disagrees.

It was then I felt like an "old lady" who's so stubborn. hahaha...The feeling was more of like,"am I too old to accept changes anymore?" Then I started thinking if I had quit this comm there and then, wouldn't they have all gone along with the canvassing idea?

Aiyo, say here, say there...I really think I have grown out of their phase...and I have come to appreciate one thing after I joined them. Simplicity. =) it's a beautiful thing okie...hahahahah

okie lah...won't write liao...too long...hehe..have a good day--sophia

Rockie said...

in response to sop:
we bonded so easily coz
a) common goal - to hv fun!
b) common enemies (or at least common gossip)
c) common sense of responsibility - we pulled our weight. some of us did, anyway. hahahah

maybe a few of these youngsters hv other agendas of joining... after all, we joined when outdoor adventure wasn't so hip, and the uber-cool sports club with their tanned toned bodies, flowing golden hair and never-ending packs of cigarettes, didn't hv x-physique yet.

well... since u r the lone dissenting old lady... why dun u just let other ppl steer and enjoy the ride? dun worry... u will be able to hv ur say when they start to cock up and run to u in a panic...

*see lah... i told u so... bu ting auntie yan, ci kui zai yan qian!*

hahahah

JuzRiDe said...

wad's with "but ting AUNTIE yan"... not uncle?

blanketz said...

aiya..then it boils down to why I joined foot 2006 leh. I joined to make it screw up less. Frankly, nobody likes to screw up. And when screw-ups happen, then say those "feng liang hua" what's the point right?

hmm...not quitting lah. Just wondering about those "what-ifs". But that incident really make me wonder if I am too stubborn or anything. Not my character to go with the flow leh. Wahlau, must have more opinion right? Even if my opinion sux,hahhaaha...I will say also one..

Rockie said...

but they dun listen to u rite? so u can't prevent them from screwing up if they do. but at least u hv more experience in handling the situation if they do screw up... so u CAN make it screw up less.

anyway... in these committees, memory is almost non-existent. with a large turnover of ppl every yr, every batch sure got their own way of doing things, their own learning curve to tackle.

and yah lor, i think u're too stubborn. ;-) *joke!*