Monday, March 01, 2010

Autorecruitment

Somehow ever since I've become a dad I've been included in conversations and discussion which I'll usually think more appropriate for mums..

Today's day 1 for a new mum from her maternity leaves.. "hey chiu, I'm back!" on this msn-like thing for work... I turned to my cubicle mate and mentioned " eh XX is back leh" my cubicle mate was like "oh So fast?" well apparently she didn't msg everyone... "hey welcome back! miss work?"

I found myself standing ard a group of parents from work during the co.'s xmas dinner.. It's fine.. Until they took a turn and started talking abt breastfeeding.. I mean it's not sth which I'm unfamiliar with, but to haf a duscussion abt it with female colleagues is a little bit too much for me eh.. I'm not embarassed, but I'm conscious abt my presence there which may cause any discomfort to any of them there.. Anyway i found myself slowly inching my way out.. Not a very interesting topic for me anyway...

Today a close colleage brought her boy in for a short while, she called me on my DID, "eh come down lobby leh, someone's here..." (but I'm slightly bz leh)
"oh ok!"

Hey don't get it wrong! I'm honoured to be included in the club (i'm actually quite a senior there in fact).. I'm glad to know that ppl will think of me when they got sth to share (parenting tips, books, articles etc).. They also seek my advices and opinion at times.. I mean not all dads know abt children ok..

Oh I'm organising a mini baby day-out this weekend for a friend's nephew.. Haha.. If succesful I can extend it to more the next time..

Oh and do invite me for ur baby showers k!!


Jemaine is having a variety of facial expressions liaoz.. Hehe...

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

2 comments:

日月神教-向左使 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Well at least they're your children...all yours. And not 'borrowed'...i think you know what i mean!